Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Review: Torn from You


Torn from You
Torn from You by Nashoda Rose

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I was up and down with this book, but ultimately I ended up liking it more than I expected.
Emily was kidnapped and became part of a sex trafficking ring that included her underground fighter boyfriend Logan aka Sculpt.

It was apparent to me early on that Logan was as much of a victim in this situation as Emily. He was required to fight for Raul, the ringleader, and if he lost, he would have to give up Emily as a toy. I have never been kidnapped or been a sex traffic worker, but I pretty much almost through my Kindle across the room when she almost ruined a huge opportunity for she and Logan. I actually stepped away from the book for a day and came back to make myself finish it.

Having said that, there were some other very compelling characters in the book and I'm really interested in continuing the series. This book had a lot of layers, and while I couldn't stand Emily for most of the book, I found the story fascinating and want to see where some of the other storylines go.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment