Thursday, June 17, 2021

Review: Sinner

Sinner Sinner by Sierra Simone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Its been a while since I got excited about a book like I was with Sinner. The novel's tropes are not necessarily my faves, so that is a huge indicator how much I had to have enjoyed it. The novel was also set in Kansas City, a town with a special place in my heart, and as the author is a local, she wrote about it in a subtle, knowledge way that I appreciate.

However, let's talk about Sean Bell. Whew.

The hero of this story is a crass, cocky, and driven millionaire who find himself propositioned by his best friend's much younger sister, Zenny, who will shortly be dedicating her life to God as a nun. She asks him for a month to show her what she is giving up for her vows.

Yes there is a lot of dirty talking sex scenes, but the author did such a wonderful job of creating whole, three dimensional characters with complicated lives and choices. Sean is more than a cocky businessman, he is a guy that loves his family and takes his role seriously, especially considering his mother's illness. Zenny is strong, mature, and wise and challenges Sean at every step but never arbitrarily.

I loved this book. Sean Bell is up there with my fave book boyfriends.

TW: Cancer, hospitals

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment