Monday, October 7, 2019

Review: Hate the Game

Hate the Game Hate the Game by Winter Renshaw
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'll admit my hopes were not high for a hero named Talon and a heroine named Irie.

However, I am pleased to report that I was pleasantly surprised. The unfortunately named Irie was a smart cookie, knew exactly why Talon was after her, and didn't let her lust get in her way...for about 3 and a half years. The author was very smart in making Talon a fleshed out, 3 dimensional character with issues of his own and gave him a full arc. Irie almost had the same treatment, but I was a little let down by her arc at the very end. There is an HEA, so no worries there.

Talon and Irie had great chemistry, and Talon was as respectful as a relentless, single minded young man could be in this situation, which I appreciated. If you dig a frenemies to lovers story, this would appeal to you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment