Saturday, April 22, 2017

Review: The Last True Vampire

The Last True Vampire The Last True Vampire by Kate Baxter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book as part of the Heroes and Heartbreakers Book Club and loved it. I hadn't read Kate Baxter before, but I will be reading more from now on.

Mikhail (Michael) is the last vamp on earth. After barely surviving an encounter with the mortal enemies of vampires, the Sortiari, he has laid low for hundreds of years...until he discovers professional hustler and amateur server Claire. A vampire knows when they have found their mate because their soul is returned to them. It's fate. But could his mate be this human? And despite their seriously hot chemistry, could he convince her of that, all while keeping her safe from his enemies?

This book gave me shades of Dark Lover by JR Ward, but when I say that I mean despite some superficial similarities this book stands alone in it's world building, but it reminds me of why I love vampire romances in the first place. Off to grab the second in the series since it looks like I'm behind!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment