Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Review: Calling Me (The Complete Series) by Louise Bay

Calling Me: The Complete SeriesI'm really glad I read this all together, but as a complete novel, I was able to enjoy Ashleigh more than I think I would have if I had read the three novellas separate, even if I got where she was coming from.

Ashleigh has been in love with her best friend's brother, Luke, for like, ever...over 15 years. In fact, the trio of them have been very close for years. As they got older and it appeared that Luke would never see Ash as anything more than a sister, she decided to date, live her life, and be as content as she should with their relationship. Meanwhile Luke, who has been in a long term relationship for three years with his live in girlfriend, is astounded when she gives him an ultimatum to marry her or quit wasting her time. Realizing he never planned on marrying anyone, Luke seeks out Ash for advice, and it's like he is seeing her for the first time.

Luke fell instantly (well, after nearly 20 years of friendship since childhood) in love with Ash. Boom! Done. Calling me chronicles the way they have to navigate their relationship and the way they have to navigate their own growth...as well as deal with the chemistry and fallout of friends who turn to lovers.

Ash wanted to make sure that Luke was in it for the long haul; I get that but she drove me nuts sometimes! I did really like, however, that Luke was so committed to her that he was willing to do whatever it took to get her in his arms. This was a nice read, and I'm a sucker for the friends to lovers trope!

No comments:

Post a Comment