Saturday, January 3, 2015

Review: Fatalism: Alexa and Vincent's Story


Fatalism: Alexa and Vincent's Story
Fatalism: Alexa and Vincent's Story by L.K. Collins

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I'm kind of pissed at this book right now. When I started reading it, it was a solid 4 stars for me, but when I got 2/3 in (so close to the end!) the shenanigans started and I really wanted to quit. However, I stuck it out and while I'm glad I did I don't know if I can deal with similar shenanigans in the next book in this series. I'll try not to be spoilery, cuz I hate that!

Alexa has rules. As a paralegal she refuses to date lawyers and when she does date, it's usually only one night stands. One night while she was out with her girls, she runs into a hottie named Vincent, and they have instant fireworks, but part ways at the club without getting each other's info. Turns out Vincent is her new boss, Kane, and they have been emailing each other for the past week unknowingly for business purposes. When he wants to pursue a relationship she tries to fight the feeling but eventually gives in and while they have their ups and downs, they have a good relationship. (This is where I was happy with the book.)

Now here is where the tide turned ugly for me: These two spend every day at work and every night together because he has insomnia and can't sleep without her. At his father's restaurant opening (after Vince has given her his black card to buy dresses for her AND her bestie, get groomed, etc) his ex (who CHEATED on him) walks up to her in the bathroom and is like, yo he's my fiance and you need to leave. And she does!! WHEN does he have time to cheat on you Alexa??? And his response was heartbreaking. I was mad at him for trying to take her back, frankly.

Anyhow, all of that was resolved, but I was so put out, I felt like the book could have ended a few chapters before it actually ended. I did like the majority of the book, but parts of it really (obviously) made me feel very strongly in the other direction as well.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment