Wednesday, January 28, 2015

ARC Review: Hero by Samantha Young

I'm a huge SY fan. I have read every On Dublin Street novel and I'm eagerly awaiting the next in series. There is a weird thing us readers do - when our favorite authors veer out of their current world and write something from a new world, we get jittery, nervous, apprehensive, resentful even! How could they cheat on our world by writing about a new world? And is this new guy going to be as great as the other guys? He better be. Harumph.


Well.

I have a new book boyfriend named Caine Carraway. The financial entrepreneur is tall, dark, handsome, and broody, just the way I like them. Hero is a standalone novel told from the perspective of Alexa Holland, whose family has a dark and complex history with Caine's family. Talk about your awkward.

I fell in love with Alexa and Caine almost immediately. I love a spitfire who doesn't take anyone's shit, and SY has the talent to make a three dimensional heroine who isn't just piss and vinegar. Alexa is highly intelligent, motivated, and the perfect match for the broody and cold Caine. However, the thing is, once Caine lets himself drop his armour, he is the hottest and most passionate ungentlemanly gentleman. He inspires fear and respect in his colleagues, subordinates, and peers, but the small handful of people who really know him know that his is actually a sweet and sensitive man.

The chemistry that Alexa and Caine have is absolutely ridiculous and I found myself grinning like an idiot during their banter sometimes. The supporting cast here is also a riot, from Alexa's friends to Caine's closest confidantes.  So. Damn. Good.
 I have a book hangover today, so thanks a lot Samantha Young!




No comments:

Post a Comment