Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Review: Annihilate Me Vol. 1


Annihilate Me Vol. 1
Annihilate Me Vol. 1 by Christina Ross

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I enjoyed this so much! I already have the second of this series waiting for me after I finish this review.

Jennifer is in NYC trying to make something of herself and her MBA so she doesn't have to go back to Maine with her tail between her legs and her abusive parents waiting to berate her. She applies to a position with Wenn Enterprises, and has a terrible interview through no fault of her own. Unbeknownst to her, she bumps into the Wenn in question, Alex, and tells him about her terrible day. The next day, she is called in and offered a dream job, but it's certainly unique. She is hired to be Alex's arm candy so that he can keep desperate single women away from him and concentrate on business at social functions. She accepts, and the real adventure begins.

Jennifer was whipcord smart and armed with the (apparent) blunt honesty that Maine folk have. Alex was completely swept off his feet with her beauty and intelligence, and I loved that. This was downright chaste compared to what I have been reading lately, but I didn't even notice as the writing was done so well. Loved it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment