Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Review: In Kelly's Corner


In Kelly's Corner
In Kelly's Corner by Roxie Rivera

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is the second book I have read in this world by Roxie Rivera; the first was Ivan, also the first book in this world but a different series (My Russian Protector). I remember enjoying Ivan but reading In Kelly's Corner was the first chance I had to revisit the world.

In a trope twist, Bee is a tech billionaire and has a stalker who is getting more and more aggressive. Her deceased brother's best friend Kelly is a Marine and currently working at a private security firm. She goes to him for help but it is super awkward as she planted a kiss on him last New Year's Eve and he basically rebuffed her advances. What she doesn't know is that Kelly has been lusting after her for years and can't bring himself to break the bro code of dating his best friend's sister, even if his best friend has passed away in his arms overseas in the middle east.

Bee is a virgin, and I don't know if that is a spoiler or not, but usually virgins get on my nerves. However, Bee is one of the few virgin characters that is pragmatic, knowledgeable, and knows the basic mechanics of sex. I love when contemporary virgins don't act like they are in a regency novel, so gold star there! I totally fell in love with the Connolly brothers and their troublesome dad who slightly redeemed himself at the end. Lots of hot scenes and chemistry between Bee and Kelly. Good read!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment