Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Review: Up From the Grave


Up From the Grave
Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



The final entry in one of my favorite series definitely ended with a bang. Cat and Bones have been through it all and then some, and in their final adventure, they find more death, mayhem, and trouble than ever.

Jason Madigan has been a very evil genius indeed, and his almost feral appreciation for Cat becomes clear when it is revealed what he has been up to. However, Cat and Bones had to truly dig for the information-Don, still a ghost, has not been forthcoming in what he knows about Madigan. That does not bode well at all, and sends the pair to New Orleans to see the great Majestic aka Marie Leveau. Meanwhile, Cat's old team members are missing, and Madigan isn't spilling their whereabouts. It's just pandemonium! The readers are treated to some astounding action, revealed secrets, and some of the hot romance that we love between Cat and Bones.

I treated myself to a re-read of the whole series in anticipation of reading this book, and it made me realize how much I love Ian. He can be truly annoying, but like some annoying people, they grow on you. I'd love to see him get an HEA, even if it's in a little novella. I'd also love to see Tate get some romantic resolution. However, Cat and Bones have truly earned their respite, and I bid them a fond, bittersweet adeiu.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment