Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Review: It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time by Kylie Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Friends to Lovers Heat

There could be some debate about this being a second chance romance, but since Adele's initial crush was unrequited, it would seem to be placed squarely in friends to lovers. Either way it was a funny, charmingly awkward, and spicy read. Adele spent summers with her dad as an adolescent and teen. Pete, who worked for her father and was about 10 years her senior took her under his wing and they were constant companions -best friends.

That all changed on Adele's 18th birthday. Not, 7 years later, she is back in town to attend her father's wedding and meet his new bride. And unfortunately for her, she is staying at Pete's house.

There were so many moments when I howled with laughter and growled in frustration. I do love a grumpy hero and sexy Pete fit the bill. Adele was so brash and hilarious. I enjoyed her and I loved that she made Pete work for it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment