Thursday, January 17, 2019

Review: Phenomenal X

Phenomenal X Phenomenal X by Michelle A. Valentine
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book recently came up on twitter and couldn't remember if I had read it (first red flag) but thought, well I don't remember hating it, so it must be ok. I was right - it's just ok.

This is a book filled with wild emotional outbursts for no reason. For instance, the hero, who is a professional wrestler, has a personal assistant and admits to the heroine (whom he has known for less than a week) that he has a sexual relationship with his PA. Forward to a day later and the heroine finds the PA in the hero's apt and flips out when the PA "reveals" she slept with the hero a few days previously.

There were lots of bits of conflict that didn't make sense to me like this. It's a shame; I enjoyed the premise as a casual fan of pro wrestling and sporty-boy romances. This book also ends on a cliff hanger. It seems like this author has written a lot since this was released in 2014, so I would really like to check out some of her more recent offerings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment