Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Book Review: Elite

Elite Elite (Eagle Elite #1) by 


When I started reading this book, I didn't think I was going to like it-I didn't have an immediate connection to Trace, and when she arrived at the Eagle Elite University, it felt like high school and not college to me.

However, I decided to stick it out, and my opinion completely turned around!

Don't get me wrong, there were still some things that weren't perfect-hastily explained connections and unnecessary cruelty from teens old enough to know better.

This book was like an onion with many layers peeled off, and even more layers to be revealed in the series.
Trace is coming into her own at EEU, with the Elite crew in close proximity. Her relationships and her world as she knew it is completely changed forever, and the journey through the dramatic, exciting, and romantic adventures in this book keep you turning the page. I loved the mafia aspect, and the enemies to friends trope is a fave if it is done well. The university has a great cast of characters, and I suspect we will be reading a lot more about them.  This is a great world the author has created and when she releases more books from this series, I'm in!

No comments:

Post a Comment